PNC Financial Services Group
Shares of PNC Financial Services (PNC) of Pittsburgh closed at $65.38 on Friday, returning 13.4% year to date, following last year's 3% pullback.
The shares trade for 1.4 times tangible book value and for nine times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $6.88 a share. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $6.16.
Based on a quarterly payout of 40 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.48%.PNC on Wednesday reported first-quarter earnings of $811 million, or $1.44 a share, compared to $493 million, or 85 cents, during the fourth quarter of 2011. The bank reported a profit of $832 million, or $1.57 a share, during the first quarter of 2011. The first-quarter results came in a penny ahead of the consensus estimate. PNC's first-quarter mortgage revenue increased 18% year over year to $230 million. Miller on Wednesday reiterated his outperform rating for PNC, with a $68 price target, saying the company "reported strong operating earnings as the company experienced asset growth and realized higher-than-expected mortgage banking and asset management revenue." However, the "real story this quarter," according to Miller, "is that management raised its earnings outlook,"and that "considering management's expectations for high-single-digit revenue and net interest income growth as well as declining credit costs, we believe that earnings estimates are too low across the Street." FBR estimated that PNC will earn $6.65 a share this year, followed by 2013 EPS of $7.40. Interested in more on PNC Financial Services Group? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV