Investors have to remember that companies don't go out of their way to make promises that they don't intend to keep -- especially when it is understandable that Wall Street expectations have already been lowered due to business economics. What I have found impressive in all of this is that analysts continue to present Alcoa with an "easy out." But remarkably, the company continues to say, no thank you.
Bottom lineIt seems that Wall Street remains unimpressed and refuses to credit the company for not only managing a difficult aluminum market but also continuing to make productivity improvements. The fact of the matter is, though the aluminum business is still perceived today as having bad economics, the current long-term fundamentals of the market looks much better than the discount currently being applied today. From that standpoint, I see Alcoa's shares as being significantly undervalued by at least 20% below its most recent closing price. And it doesn't hurt to know that the company is under the careful watch of a management team with a reputation for brilliance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV