D.R. Horton, Inc. (NYSE: DHI), America’s Builder, today reported that net income for its second fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2012 increased 46% to $40.6 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, from $27.8 million, or $0.09 per diluted share in the same quarter of fiscal 2011. Homebuilding revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 increased 28% to $935.6 million from $733.1 million in the same quarter of 2011. Homes closed in the quarter increased 21% to 4,240, compared to 3,516 homes in the year ago quarter.
For the six months ended March 31, 2012, net income increased to $68.3 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, from $7.4 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, in the same period of fiscal 2011. Homebuilding revenue for the six months ended March 31, 2012 increased 21% to $1.8 billion from $1.5 billion in the first six months of fiscal 2011. Homes closed in the six-month period increased 17% to 8,358 homes, compared to 7,153 homes in the same period of fiscal 2011.
Net sales orders for the second quarter ended March 31, 2012 increased 19% to 5,899 homes from 4,943 homes in the year ago quarter and the value of net sales orders increased 28% to $1.3 billion from $1.0 billion. The Company’s cancellation rate (cancelled sales orders divided by gross sales orders) for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 was 22%. Net sales orders for the first six months of fiscal 2012 increased 17% to 9,693 homes from 8,306 homes in the first six months of fiscal 2011, and the value of net sales orders increased 23% to $2.1 billion from $1.7 billion.
The Company’s sales order backlog of homes under contract at March 31, 2012 increased 17% to 6,189 homes from 5,281 homes at March 31, 2011. The value of the backlog increased 25% to $1.4 billion at March 31, 2012 from $1.1 billion a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV