LONDON, April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Inmarsat (LSE:ISAT.L), the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, today announced the first appointments for its global network of XpressLink dealers. Twelve of the world's most-respected maritime communications specialists have been approved to sell XpressLink, providing access to shipping fleets worldwide through sales teams based in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Inmarsat issued an invitation to distribution partners, service providers and system integrators in early March to confirm interest in becoming an XpressLink dealer, with a positive response from more than 80 per cent. Negotiations with the majority of applicants are now at an advanced stage. The initial 12 dealers that have completed the rigorous selection process are:
- Anchor Marine Equipment & Repair Company
- AND Group
- Arskom Marine
- Hellenic Radio Services
- One Net
- Station Satcom
- Tile Marine.
"We are excited by this endorsement of the XpressLink service as a gateway to Global Xpress," said Frank Coles, President, Inmarsat Maritime. "These 12 companies are at the forefront of delivering high-quality and cost-effective solutions to shipping fleets. They will not support a service unless they know it offers demonstrable value to their customers - value that is future-proofed with the transition path to Global Xpress. Several of the dealers we have announced today have already closed deals, and we expect more soon."XpressLink offers a fully-integrated Ku-band and L-band solution for a fixed monthly cost. A complete solution managed by Inmarsat, it delivers a compelling combination of broadband speed, a reliable and high-quality service, and global coverage. XpressLink supports always-on data speeds of 768kbps, with a committed information rate of 192kbps, when the VSAT service is active.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV