TORONTO, April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Continued positive drill results in between the Maturi and Nokomis Deposits
- Results continuing to show higher grade PGM assays in the area of the "donut hole"
- Pre-Feasibility study in progress on Twin Metals Project
- The initial pre-feasibility NI-43-101 Resource Estimate report on the consolidated resources of the Twin Metals Project is nearing completion by AMEC
- Bechtel is leading and preparing the Pre-Feasibility Study; AMEC will do the NI43-101 Technical Report on the resources used in the Pre-Feasibility study
Duluth Metals Limited ("Duluth Metals") (TSX: DM) (TSX: DM.U) is pleased to announce continued strong assay results for 15 holes drilled on the Twin Metals Project in northeastern Minnesota. Three holes, MEX-285, 279 and 273 drilled in the area of the "donut hole" (a parcel internal to the Nokomis resource acquired with Franconia acquisition) continue to demonstrate the continuity of higher grade platinum + palladium + gold (TPM) values in this area.
"These positive drill results continue to show the continuity of mineralization throughout the deposit. Holes MEX 285, 279 and 273 show additional higher grade results from the "donut hole" area acquired from Franconia and strongly indicate the potential for a mineable area with distinctly higher precious metal grades," stated Vern Baker, President of Duluth Metals. "The western holes confirm that Nokomis and Maturi are part of the same mineralized zone, and show relatively thick mineralized widths for that area."
Drilling highlights include:
- Mex-285 returned 150.0 feet of 0.724% copper, 0.231% nickel, 2.40 g/t silver and 1.103 grams TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 1.87%) including 89.0 feet of 0.936% copper, 0.284% nickel, 3.02 g/t silver and 1.445 grams TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 2.37%).
- Mex-279 intersected 145.0 feet of 0.623% copper, 0.173% nickel, 2.30 g/t silver and 1.272 g/t TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 1.63%) including 94.0 feet of 0.762% copper, 0.202% nickel, 2.66 g/t silver and 1.680 grams TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 2.01%).
- Mex-273 intersected 68.0 feet of 0.616% copper, 0.194% nickel, 1.59 g/t silver and 1.202 g/t TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 1.68%) including 30.0 feet of 0.983% copper, 0.275% nickel, 2.25 g/t silver and 2.112 grams TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 2.65%).
- Mex-271 returned 160.0 feet of 0.574% copper, 0.232% nickel, 1.87 g/t silver and 0.451 grams TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 1.46%) including a 115.0 foot section of 0.653% copper, 0.262% nickel, 2.04 g/t silver and 0.517 grams TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 1.66%)
- Mex-272 returned 232 feet of 0.625% copper, 0.186% nickel, 1.59 g/t silver and 0.455 grams TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 1.37%) including a 182 foot section of 0.706% copper, 0.206% nickel, 2.00 g/t silver and 0.522 grams TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 1.54%)
- Mex-281 returned 153 feet of 0.688% copper, 0.221% nickel, 2.12 g/t silver and 0.725 grams TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 1.64%) including a 139.5 foot section of 0.723% copper, 0.230% nickel, 2.20 g/t silver and 0.773 grams TPM (Cu Equivalent* of 1.72%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV