Apollo Wins Great Wolf Bidding War
On Friday evening, Great Wolf said in a news release that it was informed by Apollo's rival, KSL Capital Partners, that KSL doesn't plan to submit further bids.
That leaves in place the deal between Great Wolf and Apollo that was announced Friday. Under it, Apollo will pay $7.85 a share in cash for the indoor-water-park company. That followed KSL's $7.25 rebuttal bid earlier in the week.Great Wolf said its board has unanimously approved the deal. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll Great Wolf said the deal was a premium of 87% over Great Wolf's closing stock price on the day before to the announcement of Apollo's original offer. The increased bid from Apollo came after one shareholder called for Apollo and KSL to raise the stakes in their Great Wolf Resorts fight. A sale process that began with a $5 per share bid by Apollo has proven dramatic for the emergence of a competing bidder in KSL. While management had sided repeatedly with Apollo bids at $5, $6.75 and $7, KSL had upped the ante each time. Shares of Great Wolf finished Friday up 64 cents at $8.06. Shares of Apollo finished the session down 52 cents at $12.99.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV