8. Boyd Gaming (BYD)
Company profile: Boyd, with a market value of $718 million, operates 16 casinos in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi and Louisiana.
Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 8.7% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 10%. Analysts give its shares one "buy" rating, two "buy/holds," 14 "holds," two "weak holds," and two "sells," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. Analysts estimate that it will earn 28 cents per share this year, and that that will grow to 42 cents next year.
7. Isle of Capri Casinos (ISLE)Company profile: Isle of Capri, with a market value of $258 million, operates 13 casinos in the U.S., from Mississippi to Kansas City, Mo., three casinos in the United Kingdom, and one in the Bahamas. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 39% this year, but have a three-year, average annual loss of 9%. Analysts give its shares five "buy" ratings, one "buy/hold," and six "holds," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. 6. Ameristar Casinos (ASCA) Company profile: Ameristar, with a market value of $628 million, owns and operates eight casinos in seven locations, from Chicago to Nevada. Each of its properties includes hotels, restaurants, bars, and casino gaming floors. Slot machines account for most of its revenue. Dividend Yield: 2.71% Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 7.3% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 12%. Analysts give its shares eight "buy" ratings, and eight "holds," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. Analysts estimate it will earn $2.23 per share this year and $2.42 in year 2013, a 9% increase. 5. Penn National Gaming (PENN) Company profile: Penn National, with a market value of $3.6 billion, is the second-largest operator of regional casinos in the U.S., with over $2.4 billion in revenue and over 20 properties in 14 states and Canada. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 17% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 16%. Analysts give its shares six "buy" ratings, six "buy/holds," 10 "holds," and one "weak hold," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. Analysts estimate that it will earn $2.26 per share this year and $2.70 in 2012, which is 19% growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV