Growth in our permanent recruitment business remains positive in the quarter, up 5% over the prior-year in constant currency. We experienced strong growth in recruitment fees in the Americas and Southern Europe with modest contraction in Northern Europe and Asia-Pacific, Middle East segments. Permanent recruitment fees as a percent of overall gross profit expanded 60 basis points to 13.5%.
SG&A cost decreased from $772 million in the first quarter of last year to $754 million this year. Of this reduction, $60 million relates to the change in exchange rates between periods and $8 million related to cost savings from the reorganizational plan we put in place in the fourth quarter of last year. As we recall, we took a charge of $20.5 million in the fourth quarter, we are already exceeding the savings expected under that plan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV