NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are five ETFs to watch this week.
PowerShares QQQ (QQQ)
The California-based consumer technology giant remains an investor darling. However, in recent days, the mood surrounding the firm has soured considerably. Over the past two weeks, the company has struggled to find footing and has retreated toward its 50-day moving average.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Financials Sector Index Fund (IYF) We have watched a number of companies beat out analysts' expectations during the opening weeks of earnings season. One sector that has been particularly impressive, however, is the financials. Now that maligned Wall Street giants including Bank of America (BAC) and Goldman Sachs (GS) have reported standout showings, it will be interesting to see if they can continue to push higher. Energy Select Sector SPDR (XLE) Energy has been one of the more concerning sectors to watch during the opening months of 2012. Even during the bullish first quarter, the XLE struggled to perform in line with other cyclical sector ETFs and now, on a year-to-date basis, the fund is underperforming all other sector SPDRs, excluding the Utilities Selector SPDR (XLU). In the coming week, investors will uncover important clues regarding the state of and prospects for the global energy picture as integrated oil majors, including Exxon Mobil (XOM) and Chevron (CVX), prepare their earnings reports. ConocoPhillips (COP) will kick things off on Monday. Together, this trio accounts for nearly 40% of the fund's assets. iShares MSCI Spain Index Fund (EWP) Spain continues to find itself dominating headlines as it struggles to corral its financial issues. As was the case with Greece, the woes facing Spain will likely cause investors to re-evaluate the financial state of the broader European Union. This is one region I would highly encourage investors to avoid.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV