Go talk to the guys who were loaded for the "sure thing" earnings report last October when Apple dropped from $424 to $390, then to $380, then to $370, then to $363 right when it should have been on its holiday stock run.
The uncertainty of an earnings report is rarely worth the risk. As investors, we assume that earnings will reveal the fundamentals of a company, but that isn't always the case. Quarterly reports are influenced by the calendar and the calendar can cause investors to misinterpret the data.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV