First Republic Bank
Shares of First Republic Bank (FRC) of San Francisco closed at $33.27 Thursday, returning 9% year-to-date.
The shares trade for 1.8 times their reported March 31 tangible book value of $18.91, and for 12 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $2.73. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.65.
The company on Wednesday initiated a 10-cent quarterly dividend, beginning in the third quarter of 2012.First Republic Bank on Wednesday reported first-quarter net income of $91.8 million, or 67 cents a share, beating the consensus EPS estimate of 65 cents. In comparison, the bank earned $88.9 million, or 67 cents a share the previous quarter, and $90.7 million, or 68 cents a share, a year earlier. Jefferies analyst Casey Haire rates First Republic Bank a "Hold," and on Wednesday reiterated his rating, while saying the first quarter was a "solid quarter overall with loan growth overcoming seasonal challenges (up 5%), NIM expansion (up 9bp), and capital return announcement ($0.10 quarterly dividend beginning 3Q12)." Haire estimates that First Republic will earn $2.80 a share this year, followed by 2013 EPS of $2.75. Interested in more on First Republic Bank? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. To contact the writer, click here: Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV