Shares of M&T Bank (MTB) of Buffalo closed at $86.95 Thursday, returning 15% year-to-date.
The shares trade for 2.3 times tangible book value, according to HighlineFI, and for 12 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $7.48. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $6.71
Based on a quarterly payout of 70 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.22%.M&T Bank on Monday reported first-quarter net income available to common shareholders of $188.2 million, or $1.50 a share, beating the consensus EPS estimate of $1.48. The bank reported a 24% increase in mortgage banking revenue, to $56.2 million. Usdin rates M&T a "Hold," and on Monday raised his price target for the shares by a dollar to $89, while raising his 2012 EPS estimate by 10 cents to $6.80 and his 2013 estimate by 10 cents to $7.20, saying "questions on capital levels continue to be a modest overhang, but MTB has a clear path to strong core earnings generation, in our view, which should help justify its premium to the group." Interested in more on M&T Bank? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV