Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) of Columbus, Ohio, has seen its stock return 18% year-to-date, closing Thursday at $6.45.
The shares trade for 1.2 times tangible book value, according to HighlineFI, and for 10 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 66 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 63 cents.
Based on a quarterly payout of four cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.48%.Huntington on Wednesday reported a 21% year-over-year increase in first-quarter profit, to $153.3 million, or 17 cents a share, beating the consensus EPS estimate of 14 cents. Earnings increased from $126.9 million, or 14 cents a share, during the fourth quarter, and $126.4 million, or 14 cents a share, during the first quarter of 2011. The company's noninterest income increased 24% from the fourth quarter and 21% year over year to $285.3 million, reflecting $23 million in gains on auto loan securitizations and $46.4 million in mortgage banking income. Usdin rates Huntington a "Buy," and after the company reported its first-quarter results raised his price target for the shares by 50 cents to $7.50, while raising his full-year 2012 and 2013 EPS estimates both by a nickel, to $65. The analyst said his revision "bake-in modest benefits from recent acquisitions and a better legacy net interest income run-rate." Interested in more on Huntington Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV