How to Put RIM Out of Its Misery
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
"There is winning and there is misery." -- Bill Parcells
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- If you have been an investor in beleaguered tech giant Research in Motion (RIMM)over the past couple of years, it is safe to say that you are feeling pretty miserable. If you're not feeling some form of misery then you are probably not paying attention. Better yet, I would like to hear from you so you can share your coping strategies because as the quote above from legendary coach Bill Parcells states, there is no middle ground between winning and misery.
It's a foregone conclusion that RIM has lost its fight with Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG) over the smartphone and devices market -- a market that by all accounts that it perfected after trouncing Palm in the same manner that it now finds itself. What is the silver lining and can it recover?
The quarter that wasIn the company's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV