Meridian Bioscience (VIVO) is a life science company, engages in the development, manufacture, sale, and distribution of diagnostic test kits primarily for gastrointestinal, foodborne, viral, respiratory, and parasitic infectious diseases. This stock is trading up 3.4% at $19.03 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 174,000Average Volume: 292,308 Volume % Change: 75% From a technical perspective, VIVO is moving notably higher today right after the stock recently found some buying interest near its 200-day and 50-day moving averages. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once VIVO takes out some past overhead resistance at $19.69 to $20.04 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once VIVO triggers that breakout on volume that's near or well above 292,308 shares. A sustained move or close above $19.69 to $20.04 could set this stock up for some major upside. Some possible targets on the upside are $24 to $26.50, which is a gap down zone from back in 2011. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV