Amag Pharmaceuticals (AMAG) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of a therapeutic iron compound to treat iron deficiency anemia (IDA). This stock is trading up 4.3% at $15.93 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 148,000Average Volume: 113,246 Volume % Change: 159% Shares of AMAG are moving sharply higher today after the company announced a positive CHMP opinion for the approval of ferumoxytol in Europe for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in adult patients with chronic kidney disease. >>7 Hot STocks on Traders' Radars From a technical perspective, AMAG is bouncing hard of some previous support levels near $15 to $15.15 today with above average volume. This move is pushing the stock within range of both its 200-day and 50-day moving averages. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if AMAG can manage to sustain a move or close above its 200-day at $15.99 and its 50-day at $16.05 with high-volume. Look for volume that's near or well above 113,246 shares. If we get that action soon, look for AMAG to make a run at $17 to $18 in the near-term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV