E*Trade Financial (ETFC) is a financial services company, which provides online brokerage and related products and services primarily to individual retail investors under the brand E*TRADE Financial. This stock is trading up 6.5% at $10.52 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 7.4 millionAverage Volume: 6.1 million Volume % Change: 207% Shares of ETFC are ripping higher today after the company said late Thursday that its first-quarter net profit jumped to $62.6 million, or 22 cents per share, from $45.2 million, or 16 cents from the same period last year. From a technical perspective, ETFC is moving sharply higher today back above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing ETFC within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once ETFC takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $10.69 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once ETFC manages to move or close above $10.69 with volume that's near or well above 6.1 million shares. If we get that action soon, look for ETFC to make a run at its recent highs of $11.50 to $12.45. E*Trade shows up on a list of 10 Stocks Boosting Little Funds to Big Returns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV