Acacia Research (ACTG), through its operating subsidiaries, acquires, develops, licenses and enforces patented technologies. This stock is trading up 7.3% at $42.29 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 913,000Average Volume: 365,544 Volume % Change: 426% Shares of ACTG are ripping higher today after the company said it earned $1.09 a share, beating Wall Street estimates of 99 cents per share. Revenue came in at $99 million, which also topped Wall Street estimates of $92 million. From a technical perspective, ACTG is trending up strong today on monster volume, and this stock is flirting with a major breakout trade. That breakout was briefly hit when ACTG moved above some past overhead resistance at $43.83. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if ACTG can manage to close above $43.83 and near its daily highs. If we get that action today or soon, look for ACTG to make a run at its 2011 high of $47.24. Any high-volume move then above $47.24 should set this stock up to hit $50 in the near future. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 365,544 shares traded as bullish action. As of the most recently reported period, Acacia was one of George Soros' top holdings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV