TORONTO, April 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Sears Canada Inc. (TSX: SCC) announced today that the transaction between the Company and real estate developer and landlord, The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited ( Cadillac Fairview), regarding the return of the Company's stores at Vancouver Pacific Centre, Calgary Chinook Centre and Ottawa Rideau Centre to Cadillac Fairview for a total consideration of $170 million, has closed. The agreement which was subject to certain closing conditions, now fulfilled, was originally announced by the Company on March 2, 2012. Sears plans to exit all three locations by October 31, 2012.
Sears Canada is a multi-channel retailer with a network that includes 196 corporate stores, 285 hometown dealer stores, 30 home services showrooms, over 1,700 catalogue merchandise pick-up locations, 108 Sears Travel offices and a nationwide home maintenance, repair, and installation network. The Company also publishes Canada's most extensive general merchandise catalogue and offers shopping online at www.sears.ca .
SOURCE Sears Canada Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV