Hindustan Zinc Limited Results For The Fourth Quarter And Year Ended 31 March 2012
Hindustan Zinc Limited (“HZL” or the “Company”) today announced its results for the fourth quarter (“Q4 FY2012”) and full year ended 31 March 2012 (“FY2012”).
|(In Rs Crore, except as stated)|
|Quarter ended 31st March||Year ended 31st March|
|Net Sales/Income from Operations|
|Cash Profit (Net Profit + Depreciation)||1,580||1,898||-17%||6,137||5,375||14%|
|Profit After Taxes||1,413||1,771||-20%||5,526||4,900||13%|
|Earnings Per Share (Rs.)||3.34||4.19||-20%||13.08||11.60||13%|
|Production - Mined Metal ('000 tonnes)|
|Zinc & Lead||223||231||-3%||830||840||-1%|
|Production - Refined Metal ('000 tonnes)|
|- Fully integrated Zinc||190||194||-2%||759||712||6%|
|Total Lead 1||37||18||110%||99||63||56%|
|- Fully integrated Lead||31||18||77%||89||63||41%|
|Total Silver 2 (tonnes)||88||50||77%||242||179||35%|
|- Fully integrated Silver||83||50||67%||237||179||32%|
(1) Including captive consumption of 2,156 tonnes and 6,625 tonnes in Q4 and full year, compared to 1,340 tonnes and 5,898 tonnes in corresponding prior periods, respectively. (2) Including captive consumption of 11,345 Kgs and 34,917 Kgs in Q4 and full year, compared to 7,016 Kgs and 30,997 Kgs in corresponding prior periods, respectively. (3) Silver occurs in Lead & Zinc ore and is recovered in the smelting and silver-refining processes
Mined metal production was 830,000 tonnes in FY2012 and 223,000 tonnes in Q4 FY2012, compared to 840,000 tonnes and 231,000 tonnes in the corresponding prior period. The marginal decline was due to a temporary decline in ore grade at RA mine, partially offset by higher metal recoveries across all mines and increased production at SK mine. SK mine ramped-up to 80% utilization in Q4 FY2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV