McDonald's posted earnings of $1.27 billion, or $1.23 a share, on revenue of $6.55 billion. Earnings a year earlier were $1.2 billion, or $1.15 a share, on revenue of $6.11 billion.
Analysts, on average, were expecting profit of $1.23 a share on revenue of $6.54 billion.
Global comparable sales rose 7.3% in the quarter; U.S. same-store sales jumped 8.9%. Comparable sales in Europe gained 5% and sales in the Middle East, Asia and Africa rose 5.5%.Shares of McDonald's rose 1.78% in premarket trading Friday to $96.98. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV