Hudson Pacific Properties Inc. Stock Downgraded (HPP)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Hudson Pacific Properties (NYSE:HPP) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for HUDSON PACIFIC PPTYS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.90% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $4.00 million or 4.83% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, HUDSON PACIFIC PPTYS INC has marginally lower results.
- HUDSON PACIFIC PPTYS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HUDSON PACIFIC PPTYS INC reported poor results of -$0.36 versus -$0.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.22 versus -$0.36).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$1.18 million to -$1.07 million.
- Compared to where it was a year ago, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV