Next, we announced the acquisition of 56 Citizens branches in the New York metro area on February 28. 52 of the branches are situated in Stop & Shop supermarkets and 4 are traditional branches. 29 are located on Long Island, 8 are in Westchester County and 6 are in the boroughs of the New York City. All of which are key areas of focus for People's United. A substantial opportunity exists to expand the acquired deposit base as Citizens branches had average in-store deposits of $4 million. Our current Connecticut in-store franchise averages $29 million in deposits based on the location of the original account opening or $40 million in deposits if you account for where the customers conduct their banking activity. We look forward to closing this transaction in late June and begin to address in earnest the growth potential that exists in our New York metro franchise.
Fifth, and perhaps most importantly, as we discussed and as demonstrated in our originated loan and deposit growth and certain fee income business lines, this franchise has momentum. We are particularly pleased with the momentum across wealth management, insurance, brokerage, cash management and payroll service product lines. We have every reason to believe that the momentum will continue as we attract and retain top talent while remaining completely focused on best serving our customers and maintaining our competitive, conservative credit culture.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV