Genzyme, a Sanofi company (EURONEXT: SAN and NYSE: SNY), announced today that 12 data presentations, including six platform presentations, from the company’s multiple sclerosis (MS) clinical trial programs for alemtuzumab and teriflunomide will be featured at the American Academy of Neurology's (AAN) 64 th Annual Meeting in New Orleans, La., April 21-28. Presentations will include full data results from CARE-MS II (The Comparison of alemtuzumab and Rebif ® Efficacy in Multiple Sclerosis), a Phase III trial investigating alemtuzumab in MS patients who had relapsed while receiving prior MS therapy, as well as new findings from the teriflunomide clinical program, one of the largest and broadest of any MS therapy in development.
“Genzyme’s robust development programs for alemtuzumab and teriflunomide were designed to understand how these therapies can best address significant unmet medical needs of people living with MS,” said David Meeker, M.D., President and CEO, Genzyme. “We are committed to becoming a long-term partner to the MS community with the goal of raising the expectation of what life with MS can be.”
Marketing applications for teriflunomide for the treatment of relapsing forms of MS are under review by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and European Medicines Agency (EMA). Genzyme is on track to submit applications to the FDA and EMA for approval of alemtuzumab to treat relapsing forms of MS in the second quarter of this year.
Following are selected scientific abstracts highlighting new results from the Phase III CARE-MS II and CARE-MS I trials for alemtuzumab, as well as the Phase III TEMSO (Study of Teriflunomide in Reducing the Frequency of Relapses and Accumulation of Disability in Patients With Multiple Sclerosis) trial for teriflunomide.ALEMTUZUMAB CARE-MS II Platform Presentation:
- Efficacy and Safety Results From Comparison of Alemtuzumab and Rebif Efficacy in Multiple Sclerosis II (CARE−MS II): A Phase III Study in Relapsing−Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Patients Who Relapsed on Prior Therapy (Platform Presentation S01.004; April 24; 1:45 p.m. CT, 2:45 p.m. ET)
- Efficacy and Safety Results From Comparison of Alemtuzumab and Rebif Efficacy in Multiple Sclerosis I (CARE−MS I): A Phase III Study in Relapsing−Remitting Treatment−Naïve Patients (Platform Presentation S01.006; April 24; 2:15 p.m. CT, 3:15 p.m. ET)
- Effect of Alemtuzumab vs. Rebif on Brain MRI Measurements: Results of CARE−MS I, a Phase III Study (Platform Presentation S11.006; April 24; 4:15 p.m. CT, 5:15 p.m. ET)
- Incidence of Autoimmunity in a Phase III Trial: Comparison of Alemtuzumab and Rebif in Multiple Sclerosis I (CARE−MS I) (Platform Presentation S41.006; April 26; 2:15 p.m. CT, 3:15 p.m. ET)
- Infections in Phase III Study: Comparison of Alemtuzumab and Rebif Efficacy in Multiple Sclerosis I (CARE−MS I) (Platform Presentation S41.007; April 26; 2:30 p.m. CT, 3:30 p.m. ET)
- Effect of Teriflunomide on Relapses With Sequelae and Relapse Leading to Hospitalization in a Population With Relapsing Forms of Multiple Sclerosis: Results From the TEMSO Study (Platform Presentation S30.003; April 25; 2:30 p.m. CT, 3:30 p.m. ET)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts