- Net income of $11.3 million, including loss on repossessed assets valuations/sales of $2.7 million
- Earnings per share of $0.12, compared to $0.07 per share for the fourth quarter 2011 and $0.03 per share in the first quarter 2011
- Pre-tax, pre-provision operating earnings of $31.7 million, up from $31.5 million in fourth quarter 2011 and up 25.3% from $25.3 million in first quarter 2011 1
- Total loans of $4.93 billion, up $146 million from December 31, 2011, approximately half of which were investment grade municipal leases acquired from another financial institution
- Total deposits of $5.90 billion, up $241 million from December 31, 2011
- Nonperforming assets (nonaccrual loans and repossessed assets) increased to 2.7% of total assets from 2.6% in fourth quarter 2011 and decreased from 3.3% in first quarter 2011
- Net charge-offs (annualized) to average loans outstanding declined to 1.18% from 1.24% in the fourth quarter 2011 and 1.39% in the first quarter of 2011.
- Tier I Leverage capital of 9.8% and Total Risk-Based Capital ratio of 12.5%, compared to 9.6% and 13.2% a year ago
- Total equity of $654.1 million, up $17.4 million from December 31, 2011
Western Alliance Reports First Quarter 2012 Net Income Of $11.3 Million, Or $0.12 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.