- Net income of $11.3 million, including loss on repossessed assets valuations/sales of $2.7 million
- Earnings per share of $0.12, compared to $0.07 per share for the fourth quarter 2011 and $0.03 per share in the first quarter 2011
- Pre-tax, pre-provision operating earnings of $31.7 million, up from $31.5 million in fourth quarter 2011 and up 25.3% from $25.3 million in first quarter 2011 1
- Total loans of $4.93 billion, up $146 million from December 31, 2011, approximately half of which were investment grade municipal leases acquired from another financial institution
- Total deposits of $5.90 billion, up $241 million from December 31, 2011
- Nonperforming assets (nonaccrual loans and repossessed assets) increased to 2.7% of total assets from 2.6% in fourth quarter 2011 and decreased from 3.3% in first quarter 2011
- Net charge-offs (annualized) to average loans outstanding declined to 1.18% from 1.24% in the fourth quarter 2011 and 1.39% in the first quarter of 2011.
- Tier I Leverage capital of 9.8% and Total Risk-Based Capital ratio of 12.5%, compared to 9.6% and 13.2% a year ago
- Total equity of $654.1 million, up $17.4 million from December 31, 2011
Western Alliance Reports First Quarter 2012 Net Income Of $11.3 Million, Or $0.12 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.