Western Alliance Bancorporation (NYSE:WAL) announced today its financial results for the first quarter 2012.
First Quarter 2012 Highlights:
- Net income of $11.3 million, including loss on repossessed assets valuations/sales of $2.7 million
- Earnings per share of $0.12, compared to $0.07 per share for the fourth quarter 2011 and $0.03 per share in the first quarter 2011
- Pre-tax, pre-provision operating earnings of $31.7 million, up from $31.5 million in fourth quarter 2011 and up 25.3% from $25.3 million in first quarter 2011 1
- Total loans of $4.93 billion, up $146 million from December 31, 2011, approximately half of which were investment grade municipal leases acquired from another financial institution
- Total deposits of $5.90 billion, up $241 million from December 31, 2011
- Nonperforming assets (nonaccrual loans and repossessed assets) increased to 2.7% of total assets from 2.6% in fourth quarter 2011 and decreased from 3.3% in first quarter 2011
- Net charge-offs (annualized) to average loans outstanding declined to 1.18% from 1.24% in the fourth quarter 2011 and 1.39% in the first quarter of 2011.
- Tier I Leverage capital of 9.8% and Total Risk-Based Capital ratio of 12.5%, compared to 9.6% and 13.2% a year ago
- Total equity of $654.1 million, up $17.4 million from December 31, 2011
“We’re off to a strong start in 2012, with record top line revenue and net income more than double the first quarter of last year,” said Robert Sarver, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Western Alliance Bancorporation. “Our balance sheet momentum continues with double digit loan and deposit growth during the quarter on an annualized basis. I’m particularly proud of our growth in qualifying loans for the Small Business Lending Fund, which is a ‘win-win’ for businesses by providing them additional liquidity and our shareholders with lower preferred dividend service requirements.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV