US Airways Gains 16% on Report Labor Backs its AMR Merger Effort
In a message to employees discussing the first-quarter results, AMR CEO Tom Horton wrote, "there continues to be much takeover speculation in the press, fueled by those who seek to serve their own agendas, including the circulation of misleading information.
"Naturally, there are many who do not want American to succeed," Horton said. "I believe the best way for us to achieve the best outcome for our company, our people and our stakeholders is to proceed quickly with our restructuring to create a successful, growing and profitable company."
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/tedreednc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV