The Boards of Directors of Flaherty & Crumrine/Claymore Preferred Securities Income Fund Incorporated (NYSE: FFC) and Flaherty & Crumrine/Claymore Total Return Fund Incorporated (NYSE: FLC) today announced the results of their Annual Meetings of Shareholders.
FFC shareholders re-elected Morgan Gust and Karen H. Hogan as Class II directors. FLC shareholders also re-elected Morgan Gust and Karen H. Hogan as Class II directors.
In addition, FFC’s and FLC’s shareholders approved the following changes to their fundamental policies on concentration of investments:
- Proposal 2-A: The Fund is now required, under normal market conditions, to invest at least 25% of its total assets in the financials sector, which for this purpose is comprised of the bank, thrifts & mortgage finance, diversified financial services, finance, consumer finance, capital markets, asset management & custody, investment banking & brokerage, insurance, insurance brokers and real estate investment trust (REIT) industries. From time to time, a Fund may have 25% or more of its total assets invested in any one of these industries.
- Proposal 2-B: The Fund eliminated its requirement that the Fund concentrate its investments in the utilities industry. As a result, under normal market conditions, the Fund may no longer invest more than 25% of its total assets in the utilities industry.
As a result of this change, beginning immediately, each Fund will begin to rebalance its portfolio to the extent required by its new fundamental policy on concentration.FFC and FLC were organized in 2003 as closed-end, diversified investment companies. FFC invests primarily in preferred securities with an investment objective of high current income consistent with preservation of capital. FLC invests primarily in preferred and other income-producing securities with a primary investment objective of high current income and a secondary objective of capital appreciation. FFC and FLC are managed by Flaherty & Crumrine Incorporated, an independent investment adviser which was founded in 1983 to specialize in the management of portfolios of preferred and related securities. Flaherty & Crumrine also manages two other U.S. closed-end funds: Flaherty & Crumrine Preferred Income Fund (NYSE: PFD); and Flaherty & Crumrine Preferred Income Opportunity Fund (NYSE: PFO). Website: www.fcclaymore.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV