5 Franchises You Want to Invest In
5. Massage Envy Spa
Personal services and wellness are two big and growing bigger industries. Massage Envy Spa is playing to both these trends by figuring out how to franchise spa services.
"With more than 750 locations in 44 states, the company has become the largest massage therapy franchise system in the industry and continues to expand its nationwide presence. This unprecedented growth makes now the ideal time to open a massage business," it says on its website.And the economics of its franchises are there to prove it. The average Massage Envy Spa has annual sales of more than $1 million. The services are membership-driven, meaning that there is automatic recurring revenue, the company says. Consumers are looking for affordable massage therapy and other spa treatments, while companies - playing on the wellness incentive (as health insurance costs spike) are starting to offer massages as an employee benefit. It is actively looking for business owners to join the company to continue with its expansion plans. "They're really the ones that pioneered the massage," Olson says. "They're very popular because of their culture. And so it's not only big on the West Coast, it's in the central states, the Southeast, etc. It's just growing." Massage Envy, like all the franchisors named in this list, "really care about the franchise owner and that they provide a great experience for their clients," Olson says. They are "very customer-conscious. It's no longer just a transaction." -- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. To follow Laurie Kulikowski on Twitter, go to: http://twitter.com/#!/LKulikowski >To submit a news tip, email: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV