Then there's the issue of execution. Cramer said that GNC seems to have a better understanding of what its customers want, catering more toward sports products that keep customers coming back regularly for more.
Finally, when looking at these companies' valuations, GNC trades at just 16 times earnings with a 24% growth rate, compared to 21 times earnings at Vitamin Shoppe with a 21% growth rate. That's why when it comes to the vitamin market, GNC is both the better company and the better stock, Cramer concluded.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer told viewers to stick with the "big data" theme after companies like F-5 Networks (FFIV) and VMWare (VMW) both posted great earnings. He said the big-data trend is a fabulous secular growth story that's strong enough to trump the Spanish bond auctions and even the latest unemployment data of the day.
Cramer said that Salesforce.com (CRM) and Red Hat (RHT) both remain strong players in the big-data and cloud-computing space, but so are companies like EMC (EMC), the Action Alerts PLUS holding that owns most of VMWare, and of course, Intel (INTC), which makes the chips that power most data center servers.
"That's how you make real money," Cramer concluded.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Devon Energy (DVN), Becton Dickinson (BDX), Baxter International (BAX), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP) and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP). Cramer was bearish on Breitburn Energy Partners (BBEP), Micron Technology (MU) and Chesapeake Midstream Partners (CHKM). --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Click
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV