For more detailed discussion of some of the foregoing risks and uncertainties see item 1A risk factors in our annual report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011, as well as the other reports in registration statements filed by us with the SEC.
Our comments include non-GAAP financial measures, reconciliations to the most directly comparable GAAP financial measures are included in the press release announcing our first quarter results. Those non-GAAP measures can also be found on our website and with that said I'll pass the discussion back to Dave.
Okay. Thanks Dick. I'd like to give a quick investor update. Core's operations produced another solid quarter as the company continued to benefit from our continued focus on and the increase in international and deepwater offshore activities and unconventional oil plays in response to higher oil prices and dwindling global spare oil producing capacity.The focus on crude oil related projects continued to build in the 2012 as we discussed the projected decrease in natural gas drilling in North America on our three previous conference calls. Therefore, Core's revenue mix now is closer to 80% oil and 20% natural gas, a shift from the previous 70-30 mix that we had last year.Moreover, most of these natural gas projects related to an emanate from the international theater and are LNG related. This would be in the Eastern Mediterranean, East Africa, and Western Australia.Turning specifically to our operations, Core's reservoir description results reflected the focus again away from natural gas and the positive increases in both international and deepwater activities which continued to strengthen into 2012. Also our first quarter 2012 results were bolstered by North American activity levels in oil shale reservoirs and increased activities in tight sands in the Permian Basin of West Texas. This drove incremental margins for production enhancement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV