Simulations Plus, Inc. (NASDAQ: SLP), a leading provider of simulation and modeling software for pharmaceutical discovery and development, announced today the release of
™ Version 6.0 with an impressive set of expanded and powerful capabilities for molecular property predictions from structure.
ADMET Predictor 6.0 now includes:
- MedChem Designer™, an advanced molecule drawing tool, integrated into the program
- Graphical user interface improvements for greater user convenience
- Additional predictive models, including additional metabolism and metabolic site models
- Expanded multidimensional graphics output
- Enhanced capabilities for exporting results
Dr. Robert Fraczkiewicz, team leader for ADMET cheminformatics at Simulations Plus, said: “ADMET Predictor has been evolving for more than 11 years, beginning as two products - QMPRPlus™ for property predictions and QMPRchitect™ for building predictive models – that were then combined, with QMPRchitect becoming the ADMET Modeler™ module in ADMET Predictor. Having steadily grown in the number and types of predictive models that it contains, ADMET Predictor continues to stand above the competition in predictive accuracy and speed based on published peer-reviewed comparisons reported in scientific journals. With Version 6.0, we have extended the predictive capabilities of ADMET Predictor to new areas, including additional models for metabolism and toxicity, as well as to predicting sites of metabolic attack and the metabolites produced. Predicting which parts of a molecule are likely to be attacked by the more common metabolic enzymes can help chemists redesign their molecules to reduce excessive break down in the body.”
Walt Woltosz, chairman and chief executive officer of Simulations Plus, added, “ADMET Predictor has enjoyed best-in-class status for a number of years and continues to do so. We’re excited about the added convenience, expanded property set, and further-improved predictive accuracy of ADMET Predictor 6.0. We used this new version in our NCE (new chemical entity) project to design molecules that inhibit the
malaria parasite and achieved active molecules the first time out.”
About Simulations Plus, Inc.
Simulations Plus, Inc., is a premier developer of groundbreaking drug discovery and development simulation and modeling software, which is licensed to and used in the conduct of drug research by major pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and food processing companies worldwide. Simulations Plus is headquartered in Southern California. For more information, visit our web site at
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
– With the exception of historical information, the matters discussed in this press release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Words like “believe,” “expect” and “anticipate” mean that these are our best estimates as of this writing, but that there can be no assurances that expected or anticipated results or events will actually take place, so our actual future results could differ significantly from those statements. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to: the acceptance by our customers of ADMET Predictor, our ability to maintain our competitive advantages, the general economics of the pharmaceutical industry, our ability to finance growth, our ability to continue to attract and retain highly qualified technical staff, our ability to identify and close acquisitions on terms favorable to the Company, and a sustainable market. Further information on our risk factors is contained in our quarterly and annual reports as filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.