The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (Trefis) -- Google's (GOOG) cloud storage service Google Drive has been rumored to be in the works for years now. However, reports suggest that it may finally be launched in the next couple of weeks. Many details as well as the app for Google Drive have been leaked.
Reportedly, Google Drive will offer 5 GB of free cloud storage -- greater than its number one competitor, Dropbox, but less than Microsoft's (MSFT), which offers 25 GB of free storage. It will also compete with Apple's (AAPL) iCloud, a cloud-based storage and sync service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV