NEW YORK -- General Electric (GE) is expected by analysts Friday to post a first-quarter profit of 33 cents a share on revenue of $34.7 billion.
The industrial conglomerate posted year-earlier revenue of $38.45 billion.
The stock has risen almost 7% so far in 2012.
McDonald's (MCD), the hamburger giant, is expected by analysts to earn $1.23 a share in the March-ended quarter on revenue of $6.54 billion. The stock is off 5% this year. US Airways Has Labor Backing for AMR Takeover: Sources
Microsoft (MSFT) on Thursday posted stronger-than-expected earnings. The Redmond, Wash.-based software giant reported third-quarter earnings of 60 cents a share on $17.41 billion in revenue. Analysts had expected profit of 57 cents a share on revenue of $17.16 billion. CEO Steve Ballmer was positive on the quarter, especially the release of Windows 8, which will be a major driver of revenue. Windows Trips Up H-P's Giant 'iPad' Bet
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) easily beat Wall Street's first-quarter forecasts. The No. 2 chipmaker posted a loss of $590 million, or 80 cents a share, a swing from year-earlier net income of $510 million, or 68 cents. Excluding items, AMD earned 12 cents a share on net income of $92 million, up from 8 cents a share and $56 million in the same period last year. Analysts were looking for earnings of 9 cents a share. 5 Stocks Insiders Love Right Now
Honeywell (HON) is expected to post first-quarter profit of 99 cents a share on revenue of $9.16 billion.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV