Northwest Kidney Centers Launches Capital Campaign For $5 Million Comprehensive Kidney Resource Center
SEATTLE, April 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Northwest Kidney Centers has launched a campaign to raise $1.5 million of the $5 million needed to turn its 700 Broadway building into a comprehensive kidney resource center. The center supports the three key areas of the nonprofit's mission – patient care, education and research.
Northwest Kidney Centers, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary as the first dialysis organization in the world – has already raised $1.25 million thanks to early gifts.
A lead gift of $450,000 was made from the estate of John and Susie Morganti, long-time supporters of the organization. PACCAR Inc, a supporter of Northwest Kidney Centers for 46 years, donated $100,000."This new comprehensive kidney resource center – unique in the United States – will house an array of patient-focused services," said Joyce F. Jackson, chief executive and president of Northwest Kidney Centers. "In addition to an updated community dialysis clinic, the center will house our expanded kidney-specialty pharmacy and a clinical research center for kidney research." The building also will include three new conference rooms, an education and training center for new dialysis patients, and a demonstration kitchen to expand teaching and learning opportunities for patients, families, physicians and the community. The first floor will include a Heritage Gallery showcasing important artifacts that illustrate Northwest Kidney Centers' standing as the first out-of-hospital dialysis provider in the world. "We want this to be a valuable resource for all of our patients and their families – a place where they can learn about ways to improve their health and manage their disease," Jackson said. The new facility benefits people who face the epidemic of chronic kidney disease, which affects one in seven American adults.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV