Gilead Sciences: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P 500 was dropping 1.74 points, or 0.13%, to 1,383.40.
Shares of Gilead Sciences were rising 14.67% Thursday morning to $53.45. The stock is rising based on results from Gilead Sciences' hepatitis C tests. The company's "Electron" study of GS-7977 has an early cure rate of 88%.
Gilead Sciences has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 12.39 times; the average for biotechnology companies is 29.95. For comparison, Amgen (AMGN) has a lower forward P/E of 10.01; Celgene's (CELG) forward P/E is 14.Twenty-six of the 33 analysts who cover Gilead Sciences rated it buy; seven analysts gave the stock a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Gilead Sciences an A- grade with a buy rating and $57.34 price target. The stock has risen 30.64% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV