Crowe Horwath LLP Upgrades Metals Industry Enterprise Resource Planning System
CHICAGO, April 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Crowe Horwath LLP, one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the U.S., has released a new version of the Crowe Metals Industry Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012. The newest update of the Crowe Accelerator works with Microsoft's latest generation of enterprise resource planning (ERP) technology, with processes that are specifically configured for the metals industry, including producers, processors, fabricators and service centers.
"The Crowe Metals Industry Accelerator is the only flexible, scalable solution that addresses the specific needs of the metals industry within the highly popular new Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 platform," said Josh Cole, a principal in Crowe's Performance group. "The accelerator is pre-configured with metals functionality, which dramatically shortens implementation times and improves overall operating efficiency to help manufacturers achieve a better return on their technology investment."
According to Cole, most of the new elements are based on requests from metals manufacturers that Crowe has worked with. These features include the ability to:
- Optimize inventory through a cut plan workbench, a user interface that matches demand for cut sizes of bar, sheet, coil, etc., to available supplies of raw material and remnants;
- Transfer specifications between sales, purchase and production transactions, including inter-company orders;
- Track inventory by quantity (pieces or feet), theoretical weight and actual weight;
- Price in any convertible unit of measure, regardless of the unit by which an item is sold or inventoried;
- Factor dimensional transformation into routings; and
- Automatically calculate the cost allocation for divergent (one-to-many) production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV