- KeyCorp reports first-quarter earnings per share of 21 cents.
- Analysts were expecting EPS of 19 cents.
- Average commercial loans grew 7% during the first quarter; 20% year-over-year.
Updated with comments from Jefferies analyst Ken Usdin.
The Cleveland lender reported first-quarter net income from continuing operations attributable to common shareholders of $199 million, or 21 cents a share, compared to $201 million, or 21 cents a share, during the fourth quarter, and $184 million, or 21 cents a share, during the first quarter of 2011.
|KeyCorp CEO Beth E. Mooney|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV