Aviva plc (“Aviva”) is announcing a new flatter organisation as part of our strategy to simplify and bring more focus to the business. As we now operate in materially fewer countries we have decided to remove the regional layer of our structure and are appointing the leaders of our three major businesses to the Group Executive Committee (‘GEC’).
As our 2011 results demonstrated, we have beaten all our operating targets and made significant progress against our strategy to concentrate on selected markets where we can grow and earn higher returns. Aviva’s general operating performance continues to be strong.
Building on that progress, we are now evolving our strategy further, recognising the fact that the group has markets with two distinctive characteristics and clear aims:
- The Developed Markets are UK & Ireland (UK&I), France, Spain, Italy, the USA and Canada. There will be a clear priority in these markets to increase profits and cash generation through a combination of operational efficiencies and scale advantages.
- The Higher Growth Markets are our businesses in Asia, Poland, Turkey and Russia. These countries have higher growth characteristics due to their economic growth potential and relatively low penetration of insurance products. We expect that these businesses will grow quickly and make an increasingly material contribution to profits.
More detail on our plans for these markets and the cost savings associated with these changes will be set out at the investor and analyst event on 24 May 2012.We are making the following changes with effect from today:
- The three CEOs of our largest businesses will be joining the GEC, subject to regulatory approval, reporting directly to Andrew Moss: David Barral (CEO UK&I Life Insurance), David McMillan (CEO UK&I General Insurance) and Philippe Maso (CEO France). Chris Littlefield, CEO Aviva USA, will also report to Andrew Moss.
- Trevor Matthews will be Executive Director, Developed Markets. In this role he will chair the UK & Ireland Board and be directly responsible for Canada, Italy and Spain. Trevor will also be responsible for developing the key group-wide capabilities of underwriting, pricing and claims management.
- Simon Machell will be CEO, Higher Growth Markets.
Igal Mayer, Richard Hoskins and Alain Dromer are leaving Aviva:
- Igal Mayer has made a considerable contribution to Aviva in a number of roles over many years. Igal has resigned from the Board of Aviva with effect from today and will be leaving at the end of May 2012. As a result Igal will not be seeking re-election as a director at Aviva’s Annual General Meeting on 3 May 2012.
- Richard Hoskins joined Aviva in 2009 and during his time as both CFO and most recently CEO North America has overseen a significant growth in profits in the region.
- Alain Dromer has transformed Aviva Investors, creating an integrated asset management business and successfully growing external sales to record levels in 2011. We will be recruiting a successor to Alain who will report to Pat Regan, CFO, to lead the next stage of Aviva Investors’ development.
- Pat Regan will continue as Group CFO and will assume responsibility for Aviva Investors.
- John Ainley (Group HR and CR Director), Amanda Mackenzie (Chief Marketing & Communications Officer), Cathryn Riley (Chief Operating Officer), and Robin Spencer (Chief Risk Officer) will continue as members of the GEC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV