AMCP's 24th Annual Meeting & Expo Opens In San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO, April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) today opened its 24th Annual Meeting & Expo, April 18-20, in San Francisco. More than 3,500 attendees will partake in the conference at the Moscone West Convention Center that features an array of cutting-edge educational programming, renowned keynote speakers, networking opportunities and an Expo of companies and organizations sharing their latest innovations and services.
"The Academy is proud to present such outstanding programming at our Annual Meeting & Expo," said AMCP Chief Executive Officer Edith A. Rosato, RPh, IOM. "This is truly the premier event for anyone who has a stake in the dynamic field of managed care pharmacy."
The programming, led by top leaders in the field, encompasses a wide range of topics and issues relevant to managed care pharmacy professionals today. Educational Session topics include:
- Current trends and emerging models in comparative effectiveness research (CER)
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) changes, growth and trends in the industry
- Transitions of care
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Medicare plan "Star Rating" system update
- Federal and state legislative updates
- Essential benefits and exchanges
- Advancing medication adherence and the science of pharmacy care
- Drug shortages and implications for managed care pharmacy
- Scanning the pharmaceutical pipeline
- Emerging issues and trends in managed care pharmacy
- Specialty pharmacy management
- Oncology pathway development and implications for managed care pharmacy
- The state of research in managed care pharmacy
In addition, AMCP's six Satellite Symposia offers opportunities for attendees to obtain education on key issues. Each symposium will offer continuing education credits for pharmacists, physicians and nurses. Still another venue for gaining relevant knowledge are AMCP's multifaceted Continuing Professional Education Partner Programs (CPEPPs), which provided an interactive "practicum" experience for pharmacists, physicians and nurses to participate in hands-on learning while rotating through different mini-sessions. This year's CPEPPs will provide continuing education credits for pharmacists, physicians and nurses. They are:
- The Evolving Role of Managed Care and Oncology Pharmacy Management – Practical Recommendations for a Changing Environment.
- Analyzing and Applying the Evidence to Improve Cost/Benefit and Risk/Benefit Outcomes in Multiple Sclerosis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV