One stock that has seem some sizable insider buying recently is SeaChange International (SEAC), which is engaged in the delivery of multi-screen video. Insiders are hitting the bid on this stock into strength since shares are up 17% so far in 2012.
SeaChange International has a market cap of $270 million and an enterprise value of $183 million. This stock trades at a cheap valuation, with a forward price-to-earnings of 10.34. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 26.1%, and for next year it's pegged at 37.9%. This is a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $88.44 million and its total debt is zero.A director just bought 150,000 shares, or $1.21 million worth of stock, at $8.12 per share. >>6 Tech Stocks That Rate Better Than Apple From a technical perspective, SEAC is currently trading above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock recently found some big buying support at around $6.80, and since then it has run-up to its current price of $8.27 a share. That move has pushed SEAC within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. If you're bullish on SEAC, I would look for long-biased trades if this stock can manage to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $8.45 to $8.50 a share with high volume. Look for volume on that move that's near or well above its three-month average volume of 154,354 shares. If we get that action soon, then watch for SEAC to trigger an even bigger breakout over $8.88 a share. If SEAC can manage to take out all of those levels with volume, then look for a move towards $10 to $11 a share in the near future. I would avoid any long trades in SEAC if this stock fails to trigger that breakout, and then drops back below some near-term support $7.70 to $7.58 (its 50-day) a share with heavy volume. A move below those levels with volume will set this stock up for much lower prices in the near-term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV