5. Reliance Steel & Aluminum (RS)
Company profile: Reliance, with a market value of $4 billion, is the largest metal service center in the U.S., providing metal processing services for carbon and stainless steel, aluminum, and alloys.
Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 16% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 16%. The dividend rate is 1%. Analysts give its shares four "buy" ratings, five "buy/holds," two "holds," and one "weak hold," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. Analysts estimate it will earn $5.43 per share in 2012, and $6.27 in 2013, a 15% increase. S&P, which has it rated "strong buy," has a $70 price target on its shares, which is a 25% premium to the current price.
4. Westlake Chemical (WLK)Company profile: Westlake, with a market value of $4 billion, is an integrated manufacturer of petrochemicals, polymers, and fabricated vinyl products. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 53% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 51%. Analysts give its shares two "buy/hold," ratings, four "holds," one "weak hold," and one "hold," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. The dividend yield is 0.4%. S&P, which has it rated "buy," says natural gas-based ethylene producers such as Westlake "will benefit from a feedstock cost advantage over oil-based producers. The company also plans to expand its ethylene capacity in order to capitalize on new U.S. natural gas supplies." 3. Teradyne (TER) Company profile: Teradyne, with a market value of $3 billion, is one of the largest manufacturers of automated test equipment for the semiconductor industry. It also supplies systems to analyze the performance of circuit boards and integrated circuits. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 23% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 46%. Analysts give its shares five "buy" ratings, four "buy/holds," and six "holds," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. For fiscal year 2012, analysts estimate that it will earn $1.53 per share and that will grow by 10% to $1.69 in 2013. 2. Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO) Company profile: Lincoln Electric, with a market value of $3.8 billion, makes and sells welding and cutting equipment such as welding power sources, wire feeding systems, robotic welding packages, fume extraction equipment, and torches. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 19% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 35%. Its shares have a 1.47% dividend yield. Analysts give its shares three "buy" ratings, one "buy/hold," and three "holds," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. Analysts expect it to earn $3.06 per share in 2012, and that that will grow by 15% to $3.51 in 2013. The company has little long-term debt and $361 million in cash on the books. 1. Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS) Company profile: Nu Skin, with a market value of $3.6 billion, develops and sells personal-care products, nutritional supplements, and technology-related products and services directly to consumers through its sales force of more than 755,000 independent distributor. In a big break, Nu Skin recently received approval to begin directly selling its products in Beijing and around Shanghai in China, which may let it tap that nation's growing middle-class and its health and beauty needs. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 19% this year and have a three-year, average annual return of 64%. The stock carries a 1.39% dividend. Analysts give its shares seven "buy" ratings and one "buy/hold," according to a survey of analysts by S&P. Analysts estimate it will earn $2.97 per share in 2012, rising by 13% to $3.35 per share next year. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 10 Stock Picks From Small-Cap Specialist Royce Funds portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV