NEW YORK, April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Harwood Feffer LLP ( www.hfesq.com) is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Chesapeake Energy Corp. ("Chesapeake" or the "Company") (NYSE: CHK), concerning whether the board has breached its fiduciary duties to shareholders.
On April 18, 2012, Company stock had fallen nearly 10% by midday following revelations that the Company's CEO, Aubrey McClendon, has borrowed up to $1.1 billion in previously undisclosed loans secured against stakes in the company's wells. McClendon reportedly borrowed the money to personally invest in wells drilled by the Company. The loans were never disclosed to Company shareholders.
Our investigation concerns whether the Chesapeake board of directors has breached its fiduciary duties to shareholders, grossly mismanaged the Company, and/or committed abuses of control in connection with the foregoing.If you own Chesapeake shares and wish to discuss this matter with us, or have any questions concerning your rights and interests with regard to this matter, please contact: Benjamin Sachs-Michaels Robert I. Harwood, Esq. Matthew M. Houston, Esq.Harwood Feffer LLP488 Madison Avenue New York, New York 10022Phone Numbers: (877) 935-7400(212) 935-7400Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.hfesq.com Harwood Feffer has been representing individual and institutional investors for many years, serving as lead counsel in numerous cases in federal and state courts. Please visit the Harwood Feffer LLP website ( http://www.hfesq.com) for more information about the firm. Attorney Advertising. © 2011 Harwood Feffer LLP. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Harwood Feffer LLP ( www.hfesq.com). Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter. SOURCE Harwood Feffer LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV