4 Newly Rated ETFs for Your Portfolio
NEW YORK (TheStreet Ratings) -- TheStreet.com Ratings initiated coverage of 34 exchange-traded funds, or ETFs, that accrued a sufficient track record of risk and performance data by the end of March 2012. Of the 34 newly rated exchange-traded funds, only four start out at 'Buy' with grades of B- or better on superior first year results.
13 funds get initial 'Hold' level ratings of C+ to C- by finishing in the middle of the pack. Lastly, 17 ETFs begin at 'Sell' with grades of D+ or worse after underperforming alternative ETF investments in the past year on a risk-adjusted return basis.
Here are the four newly rated ETFs ranked at 'Buy':
4. Focus Morningstar Health Care Index ETFFocus Morningstar Health Care Index ETF (FHC) seeks to provide investment result that correspond, before fees and expenses, generally to the price and yield performance of the underlying Morningstar Health Care Index which consists of companies involved in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, research services, home healthcare, hospitals, long-term care facilities, and medical equipment. Expense Ratio: 0.19% One Year Total Return: 14.69% Rated "B-" by TheStreet Ratings:
3. PowerShares DB 3x German Bund Futures ETNPowerShares DB 3x German Bund Futures ETN (BUNT) seeks to offer investors three times leveraged exposure to the monthly performance of the German Bond Futures Index plus the monthly T-Bill index return, reduced by the investor fee. While this fund turned in a spectacular first year performance, it was also much more volatile than the other top rated funds. Tripe leverage funds like this warrant extra caution as they tend to decline as fast as they rise. Expense Ratio: 0.95% One Year Total Return: 55.0% Rated "B-" by TheStreet Ratings:
2. Focus Morningstar Consumer Cyclical Index ETFFocus Morningstar Consumer Cyclical Index ETF (FCL) seeks to provide investment results that correspond, before fees and expenses, generally to the price and yield performance of the underlying Morningstar Consumer Cyclical Index. Expense Ratio: 0.19% One Year Total Return: 14.6% Rated "B+" by TheStreet Ratings:
1. Focus Morningstar Technology Index ETFFocus Morningstar Technology Index ETF (FTQ) seeks to provide investment results that correspond, before fees and expenses, generally to the price and yield performance of the underlying Morningstar Technology Index, which consists of companies engaged in the design, development, and support of computer operating systems and applications. Expense Ratio: 0.19% One Year Total Return: 15.9% Rated "A" by TheStreet Ratings:
13. PowerShares Senior LoanPowerShares Senior Loan (BKLN) seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield of an index called the S&P/LSTA U.S. Leveraged Loan 100 Index. The fund will normally invest at least 80 percent of its total assets in bank loans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV