- First quarter 2012 net income was $4.6 million or $.88 diluted earnings per share, a 79% increase in diluted earnings per share compared to the same period in 2011 and a 29% increase compared to the most recent linked quarter. In addition, this represents the highest quarterly net income and diluted earnings per share in the Company’s history.
- Total loans increased $5.4 million during the quarter and $179.0 million over the previous twelve months to $988.6 million at March 31, 2012.
- Net interest income, after provisions for loan losses, for the first three months of 2012 was $12.6 million compared with $9.5 million for the same period in the prior year.
- The provision for loan losses decreased to $559,000 for the first three months of 2012 compared to $1.5 million for the same period in 2011 and $838,000 for the most recent linked quarter.
- Net charge-offs for the first three months of 2012 were $29,000 compared to $1.5 million for the same period in 2011 and $1.1 million for the most recent linked quarter.
- Return on average assets was 1.23% for the first quarter of 2012.
- Return on average common equity was 15.90% for the first quarter of 2012.
- Announced the definitive agreement to acquire Heartland Bancshares, Inc (“Heartland”) based in Franklin, Indiana.
- The Company increased its quarterly cash dividend in the first quarter of 2012 to $.13 and paid its 105 th consecutive quarterly dividend to shareholders.
- Horizon’s tangible book value per share rose to $21.35 compared with $18.11 at March 31, 2011.
- Horizon Bank’s capital ratios, including Tier 1 Capital to total risk weighted assets of 11.77% as of March 31, 2012, continue to be well above the regulatory standards for well-capitalized banks.
Horizon Bancorp Announces Record Quarterly Earnings
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.