- First quarter 2012 net income was $4.6 million or $.88 diluted earnings per share, a 79% increase in diluted earnings per share compared to the same period in 2011 and a 29% increase compared to the most recent linked quarter. In addition, this represents the highest quarterly net income and diluted earnings per share in the Company’s history.
- Total loans increased $5.4 million during the quarter and $179.0 million over the previous twelve months to $988.6 million at March 31, 2012.
- Net interest income, after provisions for loan losses, for the first three months of 2012 was $12.6 million compared with $9.5 million for the same period in the prior year.
- The provision for loan losses decreased to $559,000 for the first three months of 2012 compared to $1.5 million for the same period in 2011 and $838,000 for the most recent linked quarter.
- Net charge-offs for the first three months of 2012 were $29,000 compared to $1.5 million for the same period in 2011 and $1.1 million for the most recent linked quarter.
- Return on average assets was 1.23% for the first quarter of 2012.
- Return on average common equity was 15.90% for the first quarter of 2012.
- Announced the definitive agreement to acquire Heartland Bancshares, Inc (“Heartland”) based in Franklin, Indiana.
- The Company increased its quarterly cash dividend in the first quarter of 2012 to $.13 and paid its 105 th consecutive quarterly dividend to shareholders.
- Horizon’s tangible book value per share rose to $21.35 compared with $18.11 at March 31, 2011.
- Horizon Bank’s capital ratios, including Tier 1 Capital to total risk weighted assets of 11.77% as of March 31, 2012, continue to be well above the regulatory standards for well-capitalized banks.
Horizon Bancorp Announces Record Quarterly Earnings
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.