Starbucks (SBUX) is a roaster, marketer and retailer of specialty coffee in the world, operating in more than 50 countries. This stock is trading up 2.5% at $60.17 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 5.2 millionAverage Volume: 6.8 million Volume % Change: 62% Shares of SBUX are moving modestly higher today after Reuters reported that company officials responsible for China's growth are now in China instead of in its Seattle headquarters. Starbucks plans to expand its operations in China, despite pricing issues and tepid customers. From a technical perspective, SBUX is bouncing right above some near-term support at $58.18 today on decent volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once SBUX takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $62 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long biased trades if SBUX can sustain a move or close over $62 with volume that's near or above 6.8 million shares. If we get that action soon, look for SBUX to make a run at $65 or higher in the near future. Starbucks, one of SAC Capital's holdings, was also featured earlier this month in " 5 Rocket Stocks Worth Buying in April." Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV