Shareholders to Citi CEO: No $15M Payday for You!
By Kevin Spak, Newser Staff
Do you think Citigroup (C) CEO Vikram Pandit deserves to make $15 million? Neither do Citi's shareholders, who this week voted against a proposed pay package for the company's top five executives that would have given Pandit that payday, the New York Times reports.
It's one of the few times shareholders have voted against a compensation package since the Dodd-Frank Act instituted so-called "say on pay" votes, and the first at a financial giant.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV