WAYNE, N.J., April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Valley National Bancorp ( NYSE:VLY), the holding company for Valley National Bank, today reported that its Board of Directors approved a five percent stock dividend payable May 25, 2012, to shareholders of record on May 11, 2012.
Valley has declared a stock dividend or stock split for 21 straight years, since 1992.
In addition, we are pleased to report that of those voting over 93% of the shareholders voted in favor of the 17 directors standing for election, approximately 93% of the shareholders voted in favor of the advisory vote on executive compensation and over 99% voted in favor of the appointment of KPMG LLP as Valley's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2012.About Valley
Valley is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey with approximately $16 billion in assets. Its principal subsidiary, Valley National Bank, currently operates 211 branches in 147 communities serving 16 counties throughout northern and central New Jersey, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island. Valley National Bank is one of the largest commercial banks headquartered in New Jersey and is committed to providing the most convenient service, the latest in product innovations and an experienced and knowledgeable staff with a high priority on friendly customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information about Valley National Bank and its products and services, please visit www.valleynationalbank.com or call Customer Service 24/7 at 1-800-522-4100.
SOURCE Valley National Bancorp
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV