Harleysville Savings Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:HARL) reported today that the Company’s board of directors declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $.20 per share on the Company’s common stock. This represents an increase of 5.27% from the previous dividend. The cash dividend will be payable on May 23, 2012 to stockholders of record on May 9, 2012.
Net income for the second quarter was $1,221,000 or $.32 per diluted share compared to $1,094,000 or $.29 per diluted share for the same quarter last year.
Net income for the six months ended March 31, 2012 amounted to $2,585,000 or $.68 per diluted share compared to $2,310,000 or $.62 per diluted share for the same six-month period a year ago.
Commenting on the quarter-end operating results, President and Chief Executive Officer Ron Geib stated, “Based on the solid financial results of the quarter and our belief that we are well positioned for the future, we are pleased that we are able to create additional value for our stockholders by increasing the cash dividend to $.20 per share. We continue to remain focused on increasing core deposit relationships and reducing the amount of advances as they mature. Reducing our funding costs, while maintaining a portfolio of quality loans and investments, should allow us to deliver consistent, ongoing returns for our shareholders.”The Company’s assets totaled $842.3 million compared to $856.5 million a year ago. Stockholders’ tangible book value increased 5.6% to $15.56 per share from $14.74 a year ago. Harleysville Savings Financial Corporation is the holding company for Harleysville Savings Bank. Established in 1915, Harleysville Savings Bank is a Pennsylvania chartered and federally insured savings bank. Headquartered in Harleysville, PA, Harleysville is located in central Montgomery County, which has the third largest population base and the second highest per capita income in the state of Pennsylvania.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV