Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN), a leading developer, manufacturer and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function, today announced preliminary voting results from its Annual Meeting of Stockholders held earlier today which, based on the advice of its proxy solicitor, indicate that stockholders have elected all four of the Company's nominees to the Board of Directors: A. Blaine Bowman; Karin Eastham; Jay T. Flatley, President and CEO; and William H. Rastetter, Chairman.
“We thank Illumina stockholders for their support and appreciate their confidence in our ability to execute our strategic plan and create compelling value. Our Board will continue to protect and hold paramount the interests of our stockholders as we continue to cultivate Illumina’s leadership position in a rapidly innovating and growing industry,” said Jay T. Flatley, President and CEO of Illumina.
Flatley continued, “We are pleased that Roche has decided not to extend its inadequate offer to acquire Illumina and that we can now return our full focus to growing our business, making the most of the expanding opportunities in our space, and delivering superior results for our customers and stockholders.”
Illumina also announced the preliminary results for the other proposals submitted by Roche Holding Ltd voted on at the Annual Meeting:
- On Proposal 4, stockholders have rejected the proposed amendment of Illumina’s bylaws to increase the size of the Board of Directors;
- On Proposal 5, stockholders have rejected the proposed amendment of Illumina’s bylaws to require that newly created directorships be filled only by a stockholder vote;
- On Proposal 6, since stockholders have rejected Roche’s board expansion proposal, Roche’s two additional director nominees were not elected to the Board of Directors; and
- On Proposal 7, stockholders have rejected the repeal of any bylaw amendments adopted by the Board of Directors without stockholder approval after April 22, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV