NEW YORK --
Microsoft (MSFT), the giant software maker, is seen by analysts Thursday posting fiscal third-quarter earnings of 57 cents a share on revenue of $17.18 billion.
The stock has risen nearly 20% this year. It releases Windows 8 later in 2012.
Bank of America (BAC) is expected by analysts Thursday to post first-quarter earnings of 12 cents a share on revenue of $22.51 billion. The stock has risen 60% in 2012, making it the biggest gainer in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Arena Pharma's Own Data Point to Weight-Loss Drug Rejection
Analysts are calling for Morgan Stanley (MS) to post quarterly earnings of 45 cents a share, down from profit of 46 cents a year earlier. Analysts see revenue of $7.31 billion, down from $9.49 billion last year. 5 Stocks Poised to Pop on Earnings
DuPont (DD), the chemicals maker, is seen posting quarterly profit of $1.55 a share on revenue of $11.21 billion. Expect Netflix to Sell DVD Division
Other Dow components reporting Thursday are Travelers (TRV) and Verizon (VZ).
American Express (AXP), the credit card company, reported quarterly earnings Wednesday of $1.26 billion, or $1.07 a share, in the March-ended period, on revenue net of interest expense of $7.61 billion. Analysts were expecting profit of $1 a share on revenue of $7.57 billion. 3 Stocks for an Overbought Market
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV